Thursday, September 06, 2007
The class hub will still remain the same. Sargentparkmathzone and we will be diving into wiki's and video this year.
Thanks for visiting
Monday, May 14, 2007
1. find your formula. in this case, it would be:
2. substitute 'C' and 'B' with your dimentions.
-------------->A²=(15x15)-(8x8)<------(know how to multiply with exponents? skip this)
-->A=the square root of 161
Thursday, May 10, 2007
How to find side "B" on a right angle triangle. Say that you have a right triangle with "A" being 3m. and C being 5m.
Now you have to square all of them. B2=C2-A2.
Now let's replace the sides with the dimensions. B2=62-32
That is the same as writing 36-9=B2
Now you have to find the square root.
27 sqaured is equal to B
Monday, April 16, 2007
Today we did a Patterns and Relations Investigation Answer Sheet. The title of our investigation was “ Trapezoids are cool “. We had to draw out patterns, and describe what’s happening to the pattern found in each row. We also had to describe why the patterns increase the way that they do. After that, we wrote the relationship between the figure numbers and the numbers of trapezoids. Then we had to write the algebraic equation to show the relationship. To make it easier to predict what the 20th, 35th, and 99th diagram would look like. After that, we predicted which diagram would use 30, 50, and 125 blocks.
1. Draw out the next two patterns in the space below.
2. Make a table to show the results of your investigation.
3. Describe the patterns found in each row.
X. starts at 1 and goes up by 1
Y. increasing by 2, even numbers, starts at 2
3B. Describe why the patterns increase the way that they do.
You start with 2 trapezoids and add 2 more to make a new pattern.
4. Describe the relationship between the two columns.
Figure number PLUS itself
Figure number TIMES 2
4C. Write an algebraic equation to show this relationship.
N + N or 2N
N = figure number < REMEMBER TO PUT THIS, OR YOU'LL LOSE HALF A MARK.
5. Predict what the 20th, 35th, and 99th diagram will look like.
20th - 2n = 2(20) = 40
35th - 2n = 2(35) = 70
99th - 2n = 2(99) = 198
30 blocks - 2n = 30 = 2(15) = 30
6. Predict which diagram will use 30, 50, and 125 blocks.Make a graph for the first 6 terms and label the line according by it’s equation.
30 = 30 ( verification)
50 blocks - 2n = 30 = 2(25) = 50
50 = 50
125 blocks - 2n = 126 = 2(63) = 126
126 = 126
* You change 125 to 126 to make it easier, but if you want to solve it using 125 then ..
125 blocks - 2n = 2(62.5) = 125
125 = 125
>>>> ! ( Sorry for those really big gaps inbetween numbers, Its not really working for me right now )
>>>> ! Then we had to make a chart recording the information
>>>> ! The next step was to describe what was happening in each row.
>>>> ! Then you had examples like..
>>>> ! Sorry, I didnt really get this one. So i just copied what i saw on the board. And sorry if that's wrong too.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Here are the answers:
- A letter or symbol representing a quantity (number)
- n+3 > or a number plus 3
- n= the variable
- an expression is a pattern
- there is more that 1 possible answer
- n+6 is an expression
- x+6= 8
- n+6 =10
- an equation has only 1 answer
- there is an = sign