1. What is a good definition of percent? You should use words symbols, pictures and numerical examples in your definition.
2. How are three fifths (3/5), 3:2, 60% and 0.6 all the same? Use pictures and words to show your answer. 1/5=20% 1/5x3=60% 10=60 3:2 =part/part+whole= fraction 1/5=20% 1/5x3=60%
3. Show 3 different ways to find 35% of 80. 1.find out what 1% is... 80 divided by 100 =8 8=1% 1%/8x35 =28. 35% of 80=282. 5 goes into 35 7 times 5% is 4 4x7=483. 1% is .8. .8 x 10=8 .8 x 10=8 .8 x 10=8 8+8+8=24if 10% is 8, then 5% is 4. so 24 + 4=28
4. Find a link to blogs that deal with percentages. Leave a comment behind and add the link with a review (What the post was talking about....yes you have to read the post and why others should read the post) Hint In the side bar there are links to other schools. Three of them have done work on percentages.https://beta.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=33406999&postID=3554359283139302086 I left a comment on a post about a percent review.
5. .The principal announced that 50% of the children in Ms. Stanzi's class met their reading goal for the month and that 55% of the children in Ms Lowrey's class met their reading goal for the month. Ms. Stanzi said that a greater number of her students met their reading goal. Could Ms Stanzi be correct? Why or Why not. 20/40=50% 11/20=55% Ms. Stanzi is Correct because there are more kids in Ms. Lowrey's class.
6.Use a hundred grid (unit square) to illustrate the following questions. Once you have explained and illustrated what the question means solve it. a. is 40% of what number?40%of 100 is 4040/100=0.416x0.4=4040/100=16/40b.What is 120% of 30?120% of 100 is 120120/100=1.230 x 1.2=36120/100 = 36/30