Today in class we learned about ratios.
First, we did a quiz on equivalents then Mr. Hanly gave each of us 5 pieces of blocks ( 2 sets of color ) .
We wrote down three things about the blocks.
1.) 5 blocks in TOTAL
2.) 3 blocks are the same color
3.) 2 blocks has another different color
We also talked about the Chocolate Bar and how to get the ratio of it.
To get the right side number of the ratio, you subract the total or denominator to the numerator.
We also answered examples from the overhead.
** To get the fraction of ratio, you add the two numbers to get the denominator. The left side number of the ratio is always the numerator.
For example if the ratio is 6:8, the answer will be 6/14 or 3/7
RATIO : part to part
FRACTION : part to whole
//. HOMEWORK !
Write down between 5 to 10 things about fraction, decimal and percent.
- numerator and denominator
- numerator divided by the denominator = decimal
- denominator : shows us how many equal parts something has been split into
- numerator : tells us how many of those parts we are dealing with
- there are improper, proper and mixed fractions
- whole number & decimal fractions
- decimal x 100 = percent
- decimal point
- decimal point separates the whole numbers from the decimal
- everything BEFORE is a whole number
- everything AFTER is a decimal
- sign for percent is %
- per cent means every hundred or out of a hundred
- an average is a percent
- it can have decimals
- percent is the answer when a decimal and 100 is multiplied
http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/ratio/PracRatio.htm [ ratio word problems ]
CORRECT THE WRONG ANSWERS TO EACH QUESTIONS [ post it as a comment ]
What are the equivalents of ..
1.) 7:30 = 7/30 0.180 17.9%
2.) 88:97 = 88/180 0.40 50.0%
3.) 22:55 = 22/77 0.290 27.5%
4.) 93:92 = 46/122 0.30 38.3%
5.) 87:54 = 99/130 0.664 55.35%