Monday, April 09, 2007

Michelle's BOB

Fractions Unit:

For this unit we learned about fractions. We learned about the different types of fractions (proper, improper, equivalent and mixed). Mr.Harbeck and Mr.Hanly taught us how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions. They also taught us how to determine the LCD, how to convert mixed and improper fractions and simplify or reduce fractions. I thought this unit was pretty easy. I feel that solving word problems are the most difficult. I also learned that cross reduction makes fractions a whole lot easier to work with especially when you are multiplying. We had many tests and quizzes throughout the unit.

Un-Project Reflection:

Did you like the unproject?

I really liked doing the project because it was a lot of fun. We also had a variety of projects (game, song, movie, wiki post, etc.) to choose from that we could create.

Did the unproject make you work harder than you usually would?

This project made me work a lot harder because it was worth 10% of our term 3 mark and there were no rules to follow.

What did you like best about the unproject?

I liked that we could choose any topic that we wanted and there were no rules to follow. I also liked it because we had about a month to work on it.

What would you change about the next unproject?

For the next un-project, I would change my background info by adding more images, detail and effort. I might also change my topic.

Did the unproject make you learn more because you were doing a different type of project?

Yes, the un-project made me learn more because I was able to use a new wikitool for my project.

Well, don't forget there is a test tomorrow. Remember to study! Big paper 2 and the purple booklet are also due tomorrow.

No comments: